Saturday, November 22, 2008

adjusting

to working full time! Yep...that's right...I ended up getting on full time at the elementary school and I LOVE IT!! The principal called last Sunday and left a message asking me to prepare for a full day on Monday and when we spoke, he asked if I would like to work there more and of course the answer was yes! It's very busy though as I am in 6 classrooms throughout my day so it goes by very quickly. With that, comes adjusting to getting up at 6:30am to pretty much get myself ready before the boys start getting up at 7:30.Adjusting to packing a lunch mylef and being out of the house all day. Adjusting to wearing "good" clothes. Adjusting to finding a new schedule for cleaning. Adjusting to not being able to go to the city shopping on a whim after work. Even Higgins has to adjust to being home alone now during the day (although I think Zack is going to start coming home for lunches so he can let the dog out and feed him too).
Soon, we'll be adjusting to having a built in dishwasher....woohoo!! I ordered it and came home to a message today that it's ready for pick up!
Lot's of adjusting for everyone but so far so good. I know it's only been a week but the boys have really responded well to me working. And let's be honest, the hours are great and I get the same holidays they do so it's pretty good!
Perhaps this a better way to look at my fear of change...adjusting doesn't seem as scary to me for some reason.
I have to say it feels pretty darn good to have the school ask me to take this on. I feel like I have a purpose...that I am doing something. I am not minimizing my role as a Mom and perhaps it's hard to explain or for you to understand but I was feeling like something was missing or that there had to be something more for me. Does that make sense? I am proud of what I do and I know I am good at it and it's nice to know the school sees that too.

Alright, I am done blowing my own horn.
Hope things are well with everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Busy busy woman you are. Looks like there's a lot of adjusting going on at your place. lol

Vanessa said...

You should be very proud of yourself!!! In no time you will be used to your new routine!
Enjoy that new dishwasher--I am jealous!!!

MonaS! said...

Congrats on full time - I just got full time permanent myself, so I know how crazy life is. Enjoy it!

Sherri said...

Awesome ~ congrats on your new position in the school, and so glad you are enjoying it! You will adjust and I am glad things are going well.

Julie said...

I am so glad that you are loving your job and that you are appreciated.Check out my blog, cause you got an award!