Friday, December 23, 2011

no time like the PRESENT

to get back into blogging!
Love is in the Details is featuring a creative project I worked on for the students in my grade 2 class. Pop on over and have a peek. It's my first time ever being "featured" somewhere and I was actually kinda nervous about it...not sure why but I was.

I've been attempting to get back here for what seems like ever....have had several thoughts of things that would make good blog topics...just didn't get them here :(
That is changing as of today...I will be back to regularly scheduled blogging...I had no idea I would miss it as much as I have.
There will be lots to catch up on but lets focus on the now...how are you all doing with your Christmas preparations?
A couple weeks ago, I was in a bit of a panic thinking there is no way I would get everything done...seems I have that feeling pretty much every Christmas and as in years past, it somehow takes care of itself. Even if that means several long hours shopping and baking. As of yesterday, the shopping is complete. After 7hrs in the kitchen, the baking is done as well.

Tried to write a new Christmas carole based on my baking:
5 dozen sugarplums
4 dozen pb cup cookies
3 dozen pretzel rods
2 dozen gingersnap balls
and a pumpkin cheesecake
Alos made a regular and a dessert cheese ball but wasn't sure how to work them into the lyrics...lol
(the home made Oreo's in the big jar were made last weekend...surprised they are still there actually...lol)
By the end of today, the gifts will be wrapped and home made Christmas crackers will be made. Then it's time to enjoy my family. I am thrilled to have my brother, SIL and 2yr old niece coming to spend a few days with us. We'll also be sharing the holidays with eldest sons girlfriend. They have been dating for about 7 months and it's actually been easier than I thought it would be to "share" my son. I LOVE having another female in the house that's for sure!!
Would love to hear how you are spending the holidays!
And in case I don't get back here before then, may you all take some time to enjoy the many little things that make this time of year so special. Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

You were sure busy with the baking..wow that is quite the variety!
Have a great christmas!!