Thursday, January 25, 2007

better late than never...

Sorry it's been awhile but I've been busy. Not only do I have the boys' schedules to worry about and the fact that I am working a bit now, I also have Brian's stuff to look after too. I wasn't aware that when I became his wife, it simultaneously meant I was his secretary too...hehehe. On top of all that, my scrabooking mojo decided to return. I have been scrappin away a little but everyday and having so much fun with what I am creating. I've wanted to scrapbook, a lot over the last year or so but when I've made/had the time, I just couldn't. Call it scrappers block if you will, but I think it's also had a lot to do with all of the changes in my life over the last year and a half. I also think that part of me was so caught up in making every layout or project 'perfect" that I lost touch with how much I love creating and it was too much self induced "pressure". I've decided that I don't care who else likes my work, I do and so does my family and that is all the reassurance I need anymore. Relieving myself of the "every page has to be perfect" syndrome had been so liberating. I am having so much fun with the stuff I have been working on and I finding that more and more ideas are almost oozing from my pores as I find myself writing ideas down in my inspiration journal daily. Now, I just need to continue making time for them all!!

It took a bit to get it posted, but here it is for those of you that have been wanting to see it: the Oilers mini album I made of reilly's first NHL game with Uncle Neil. I used a MR coffee break book, copper/white/blue paint and their tickets (the front cover is one of them). I am wanting to add an Oilers logo sticker to each page, but need to get into the city first to buy some. Reilly loves it! I'll probably make one for my brother too, or do an explosion box for him with the same pics.



1 comment:

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Very cool Laura!

Have a great weekend!