Sunday, July 5, 2009

true patriot love

We had such an awesome Canada Day celebration.
It started with these...maple leaf shaped pancakes topped with strawberries and whipped cream...delicious! They were very time consuming though so we only each had one shaped one and the rest were round.

After breakfast, we headed off to the parade. These are a few of my favorite shots...


then it was off to the neighbors for lunch, games an visiting. Spent the whole afternoon there. The Dad's took the boys around town to see some of the displays that were set up etc. I came home to cut the watermelon into maple leafs, after my neighbor used the cookie cutter to make these sugar cookies.


Enjoyed a bbq supper...waaay too much food was enjoyed by everyone. The kids played in the pool and enjoyed some ladder golf while I mixed up some virgin strawberry daquiri's for them (followed by adult pina coladas and margaritas) in our margarita machine. Everyone stayed up and enjoyed the fireworks...




It was relaxing and fun filled family time...loved every minute of it!
How did you celebrate our great country?

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

You had a wonderful Canada Day!
How did you make those pancakes-I love that idea..and they look very yummy!
V

Julie said...

WOW! You sure whooped it up for Canada Day. I wish I had celebrated it with you.So how did you make the pancakes that shape?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, love the watermelon, what a wonderful idea. These are awesome pics!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Well, I am embarrassed to say all we did was watch the fireworks at the Forks.. I need to follow your lead next year!!