Tuesday, June 30, 2009

16 years ago...

on this day, I became a Mom for the very first time.
I snuck downstairs, into Zack's room this morning and gave him a kiss on the forehead(he was sleeping and I had to go to work)...much like the one I gave him the very first time I saw him. It's hard to believe that he was once about as long as from the top of his head to his shoulder and now, he is 6'1"!!
If I could slow time down, I would...just a little but since that is not possible, I plan to enjoy every minute I have left with him under our roof because if the last 16 years could go by this fast, the next 2 will be here and gone before I know it.

Happy Canada Day too everyone. I hope you can enjoy some celebrations with people you love tomorrow.

6 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

Aw, happy b-day Zack!! ((HUGS)) to you mom on a big birthday!! I agree, times goes too quickly.

Anonymous said...

Laura, this post got me a little misty eyed. They grow up so quickly.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Zack! Does he know the whole country celebrates his birthday?....lol

I can't believe he is that tall.It must be a nightmare buying pants for him.

Boo said...

Happy birthday Zack!

Wow 16 and 6'1" - holy crap!!!! LOL

Vanessa said...

I have to agree..the time goes by in the blink of a eye!!
Happy Birthday Z!

V

Jocie said...

awww Happy Birthday to your son....times flies...sniff sniff :(