123456 switch....crazy going slowly am I...654321 switch!! I think this will be my new theme song...not just because of the kids either. Everything seems to be stressing me out these days. I know I am exhausted and really,really, really, need a break. A holiday would be great but I'd settle for a weekend away. Brian might be working locally soon, so that should help out some.
We had a crazy weekend filled with hockey...3 games in 2 days. The good news is, regular season is over so all that is left is playoffs and two tournaments. Basketball is also coming to an end and so is soccer...yippee...hooray!! I am seriously considering not putting anyone in anything in the spring either. Hopefully that isn't mean of me, I would just rather spend that time bike riding with them and hanging out in our backyard...jumping on their new trampoline! This year,we are going to buy that hammock we put off last year and I plan to make good use of it...now if winter would just go away so I can get on with my plans...hehe.
So, Gavin decided to express himself through his haircut the other day,here, have a look.....
he told us he couldn't have a bath or go to bed cause it would wreck his mohawk...what a kid! It took quite a bit of convincing that it would be ok because he sleeps on the side of his face. Needless to say when he woke up the next day, he ran straight to the bathroom to have a look in the mirror and was too excited it was still there.
Creating scrapbook wise has stalled for me, but I have been having fun making my own banners...thanks to Jessi's help inserting the html code for the first one she made me, it's been a bit easier for me to change it...the current one is the second one tonight I have had there...they are really fun. Also, over the weekend, I began to learn how to make slideshows with really cool effects and set to music. I am planning on making a slideshow with all the hockey teams pics I have taken over the season, burning each kid a copy, and altering the case it will go in...better get started on the cases at least as there are 15 kids on the team. At least it's scrap related, so it may help get me back into the scrappin groove!
I would like to leave you with the following:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
3. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
4. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
9. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because
you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
23. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on
"Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
33. You just sang those words to yourself.
34. You still sing "We are the World"
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a bannana clip.
37. You remember "Where's the Beef?"
38. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
39. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!